Auto Paint Repair Near Me
Don’t you just love having a nice new paint job? There is something about a new-looking vehicle that makes a person step just a little bit higher. Not only does it give you something that you can show off, but it also gives you the peace of mind that only comes from a well-maintained vehicle. That’s why it can be so irritating when something happens to scuff that nice new paint job.
The reasons for paint repair go deeper than that. When your car’s paint is damaged, you risk exposing the bare metal underneath to the ravages of the elements. Before long, a cosmetic problem can become a rust problem, which can lead to serious structural issues
Common Causes Of Paint Damage
There are many things out there in the world that can damage your paint. Since it would be impossible to name them all, let’s go over the most common causes that we have seen.
- Sunlight: Believe it or not, the sun is one of the biggest dangers to your paint job. UV rays might work slowly, but they will degrade paint over time.
- Doors Of Other Vehicles: Unfortunately, it is all too common for inconsiderate people to bash their car doors into the car beside them. This usually happens because someone parked too close to another vehicle.
- Vandalism: Vandalism is another unfortunate danger, and this damage can be some of the worse due to its deliberate nature.
- Tree Sap: Some types of tree sap are corrosive to paint.
- Temperature Changes: Like the surface on which it is applied, your car’s paint will often expand and contract as the temperature changes. In most cases, it doesn’t cause serious issues, but those who live in areas that see extreme temperatures might want to watch out for this problem.
- Bird Droppings: Bird droppings are notoriously hard on paint. This happens for two reasons. First, bird droppings are very acidic, and that acid can slowly eat away your paint job. Second, bird droppings stick to the car’s surface and are hard to remove, giving them more time to do damage to the surface.
- Small rocks: There are always small rocks flying around on the interstate and other busy highways. These stones don’t cause as much trouble during low-speed drives, but high-speed driving makes the tiniest rock into a projectile that can dent steel.
- Chemicals: If you use the wrong cleaning products on your car’s exterior, you could end up with some paint damage. Spilling a lot of gas or oil on your car might also gradually degrade the paint.
The Four Levels Of Paint Damage
In our estimation, there are four levels of paint damage that might be incurred:
- Scuffs: Surface only, just a little abrasion. It has not gotten past the clear-coat layer.
- Surface Scratches: Deeper than scuffs but still not deep enough to reach past the clear-coat layer.
- Paint Scratch: This is a scratch or scuff that has penetrated the paint itself
- Deep Paint Scratch: This is a scuff or scratch that has gone all the way to the bare metal or plastic surface.
How We Repair Paint Damage
When it’s time to fix your car’s paint, we have an advantage over the competition. That advantage is a clean and orderly shop. This helps to ensure that no dirt, dust, or other debris can make its way into the paint. A clean mix equals a perfect finish.
Once we have identified the areas that need to be repaired, we do any sanding and filling that might be necessary. If not, we move to the next step of the process, which is the primer coat. After another light sanding, we add the main coat of paint and cover it with a layer of clear-coat. While some shops will take any opportunity to charge you for an entire paint job, we can fix as much or as little as you want.
Conclusion: Why Choose Fix Auto For Paint Repair?
There are many good reasons to choose Fix Auto for all your paint repair needs. For one thing, we are fully certified to work on a wide variety of vehicles, including:
And that’s not all. We can work on other vehicles as well, but this list gives you some idea of how well-trained our technicians are. As if that weren’t enough, we are also I-Car Gold class certified, which makes us one of the leading collision repair shops in the nation.
Although paint damage can be highly annoying, you don’t have to let it get you down. We can make the whole thing easy. Just fill out the contact form below and then call us at 1-626-442-6558. That’s all you have to do in order to get the best paint repair job that you have ever seen.
The Fix Auto Advantage
- Free Estimates
- We are Independently Owned
- Industry Leading Paint-Matching Technology
- Highest-Quality OEM Materials
- Complete and Professional Paint Repair
- Hassle Free Negotiation with Insurance Company
- Limited-lifetime warranty guarantee for all repairs that’s honored at any Fix Auto location
- Customer-first culture – we help with your insurance claim and also provide crucial repair status updates, so you’re always in the loop
- Comprehensive repair services – from minor fender benders to major collision repair work, there’s no job too big or too small for Fix Auto Downtown El Monte
- Highest collision repair standards in the country – our technicians are I-CAR Gold Class certified
- Local, familiar faces – our auto body shop in El Monte is community-based, and also enjoys the resources and capability of the premier nationwide collision repair network
- Over 30 yrs Of Collision Repair Experience
- Reduced Cycle Time – Get your car back sooner!