Windshield Replacement Near Me
A cracked windshield is always a pain. Few vehicle issues can cause so many problems. Without a clear view of the road, you are taking a pretty significant risk every time you get behind the wheel. As such, you should come down to Fix Auto and get a free estimate to see how much it will cost to replace that damaged windshield. In most cases, we can have you safe, legal, and back on the road again in no time.
Most Common Causes Of A Cracked Or Broken Windshield
Many things can damage your windshield, but here are the most common causes that we have seen:
- Collision with another vehicle: Whenever two vehicles collide, the weakest materials will break first. Of course, you already know that glass is much weaker than steel or plastic. Most serious collisions involve a windshield replacement.
- Extreme temperatures: Glass tends to expand and contract as the temperature changes. Under normal circumstances, this is not enough to cause a problem. However, drastic temperature changes can cause the glass to develop stress cracks.
- Incorrect installation: Many times, we have found ourselves in the position of having to undo someone else’s shoddy work. That’s why we say that you should always bring your windshield installation jobs to us first.
- Small rocks: A lot of rocks can be kicked up by a fast-moving set of tires, especially on gravel roads. Sometimes, all it takes is just one of these pebbles to crack your windshield. This problem is even worse when traveling on the interstate at high speeds. With enough velocity, even a tiny object can do a lot of damage.
- Storm debris: Speaking of velocity, hurricanes (and other intense storms) can pick up many different objects and sling them around. Your vehicle can easily suffer windshield damage if it winds up in the middle of all that damage. Even minor storms can lead to our next problem.
- Falling branches: Even if you aren’t dealing with hurricane-force winds, you can still lose your windshield to storm damage. Many a windshield has been broken because the vehicle’s owner parked under a tree right before a storm. When loose branches come down, they don’t tend to care much about where your car might be sitting.
- Birds: You might be surprised at how often this happens. Birds don’t always necessarily understand the importance of avoiding cars, so they sometimes fly right into the way of traffic. When this happens, they can quickly end up hitting someone’s windshield. Larger birds, like vultures, can even destroy your windshield if they hit hard enough.
Auto glass we can repair or replace:
- Side Glass / Door Glass
- Back Glass
- Side Lights
- Back Lights
- Rear Sliders
- Front Windshield
- Rear Windshield
Can A Cracked Windshield Be Repaired?
In most cases, the answer is no. Like most glass, a windshield must be replaced. However, there are exceptions to this rule. Very small cracks and chips can usually be repaired, so it never hurts to ask about the possibility of repair.
Windshield glass can sometimes be repaired because it consists of two layers. If only one layer of glass is damaged, it’s not all that hard for us to repair the windshield. For some shops, it might be an impossible task, but we have the best mechanics and technicians in the state of California. Therefore, we can knock the job out in short order.
Unfortunately, a windshield that has suffered damage to more than one layer cannot be repaired and must be replaced. Luckily for you, we have the business connections to help you find that new windshield at the lowest possible cost. We also have the skills to install the windshield properly.
Auto Glass Services Offered:
- Windshield Repair
- Windshield Replacement
- Rear Windshield Replacement
- Car Window Replacement
What Can Happen If My Windshield Fails?
If your windshield fails, it can subject you to some pretty harsh consequences. First, let’s make one thing clear: A broken windshield isn’t going to shatter like ordinary glass. If it shattered like regular glass, every car accident would end with an explosion of tiny little glass slivers. Obviously, that would be very bad. That’s why windshield glass consists of two layers of glass with a layer of vinyl between them.
The vinyl layer does an excellent job of keeping the windshield in one piece, even when it breaks. However, the vinyl itself can fail if a windshield problem is not quickly fixed. Once the vinyl begins to break down, you’re looking at a much more dangerous situation.
There are also legal consequences to consider. In most states, including California, it is illegal to drive with an obstructed windshield. If the glass is full of cracks, that will definitely count as an obstructed windshield. Police will often let people off with a warning if the crack isn’t too bad, but don’t take that for granted. You can end up being slapped with fines or worse.
We Can Repair Any Vehicle Glass. Our Bumper Repair Shops have the following industry-leading certifications:
Before you call us, you should know that we can also replace other sorts of vehicle glass. Whether it’s the side glass, sliders, sunroof glass, or light glass, we can repair or replace it with a level of speed and efficiency that the competition cannot match.
Conclusion: Why Choose Fix Auto For Windshield Replacement?
Here at Fix Auto, we strive to be worthy of your business. When you bring a vehicle to us, we don’t just look at it as another vehicle to fix. We view it as another opportunity to make sure that our customers leave with a smile on their faces. There can be no doubt that a windshield job is a very important one, so we hope that you will trust it to the experts, and that means us!
- Free Estimates
- We are Independently Owned
- Industry Leading Paint-Matching Technology
- Highest-Quality OEM Materials
- Complete and Professional Paint Repair
- Hassle Free Negotiation with Insurance Company
- Limited-lifetime warranty guarantee for all repairs that’s honored at any Fix Auto location
- Customer-first culture – we help with your insurance claim and also provide crucial repair status updates, so you’re always in the loop
- Comprehensive repair services – from minor fender benders to major collision repair work, there’s no job too big or too small for Fix Auto Downtown El Monte
- Highest collision repair standards in the country – our technicians are I-CAR Gold Class certified
- Local, familiar faces – our auto body shop in El Monte is community-based, and also enjoys the resources and capability of the premier nationwide collision repair network
- Over 30 yrs Of Collision Repair Experience
- Reduced Cycle Time – Get your car back sooner!
If you have been dealing with a cracked windshield, there is no reason that you should not take advantage of our free estimates today. It won’t cost you anything to come on by the shop and see what we can do. If you are interested in hiring our services, please call us at 1-626-442-6558 after you have filled out the contact form below.